[Paraview] Building ParaView on Windows XP

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Fri May 6 08:46:09 EDT 2011

This really seems to solve my problem if I would find the part in the CMakeList.txt where this reply points to:

In your CMakeLists.txt file you need the following set of commands to properly find Qt4 and set it up for use:

 # ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   #  Qt 4 Section

   # ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   # by default only QtCore and QtGui modules are enabled

   # other modules must be enabled like this:

   IF (WIN32)

       SET (QT_USE_QTMAIN TRUE)

   ENDIF (WIN32)

   # this command finds Qt4 libraries and sets all required variables

   # note that it's Qt4, not QT4 or qt4

   FIND_PACKAGE( Qt4 REQUIRED )

   # add some useful macros and variables

   # (QT_USE_FILE is a variable defined by FIND_PACKAGE( Qt4 ) that

   # contains a path to CMake script)

   INCLUDE( ${QT_USE_FILE} )

# Set some Win32 Specific Settings

IF(WIN32)

 SET(GUI_TYPE WIN32)

ENDIF(WIN32)

add_executable (MyProgram ${GUI_TYPE}  ${SRCS})

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(MyProgram ${QT_LIBRARIES})

Cheers

Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net

Principal Software Engineer       [hidden email]
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio

There are so many CMakeList.txt files in the source-code. I would have thought that somethin like this would be in the top CMakeList.txt (in ../ParaView-3.8.0-RC2) but in this file I do not find a call "Target_link_libraries" or "add_executable" - somewhere those calls must be?!

Thx,
Natalie