[Paraview] 3D Glyph Representation Question

Brian C. Panneton (CONTR) brian.c.panneton.ctr at us.army.mil
Thu May 5 16:32:07 EDT 2011

I currently have a reader that creates a vtkMultiBlockDataSet with two
blocks: one of which is a polydata consisting of vertices and lines. I
see the data in a 3D plot as pixels and lines connecting them. To make
it more visually appealing, I was looking into views and a saw that they
basically just load representations.  I now am trying to create a new
representation that replaces each of the vertices with a 3d glyph (lets
just say a cube for simplicity). Would I be going about this the correct
way if I were to derive a new representation from
vtkGlyph3DRepresentation, then load that representation in my view? Are
there any examples that show something similar to what I am trying to do?

Thanks,
Brian Panneton