[Paraview] paraview hangs on volume rendering

pratik pratik.mallya at gmail.com
Wed May 4 06:59:32 EDT 2011

I tried using volume rendering for the following example. It did work,
but took a *tremendous* amount of cpu (i'm running core2duo @2100MHz)
and was *very* slow. Is it supposed to take that much cpu and time?
Also, how can i check whether PV is using my graphics card(if that is
the problem)?

example file:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE Xdmf SYSTEM "Xdmf.dtd" []>
<Xdmf Version="2.1">
<Domain Name="Your_Domain">
<Grid GridType="Uniform" Name="Your_Grid">
<Topology TopologyType="3DCoRectMesh" Dimensions="2 2 2"/>
<Geometry Type="ORIGIN_DXDYDZ">
<DataItem DataType="Float" Dimensions="3" Format="XML">0.0 0.0 0.0
</DataItem>
<DataItem DataType="Float" Dimensions="3" Format="XML">0.1 0.1 0.1
</DataItem>
</Geometry>
<Attribute Name="S" AttributeType="Scalar" >
<DataItem Format="XML" Dimensions="4">
                       1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
</DataItem>
</Attribute>