[Paraview] build with make -j xx

Luigi Calori l.calori at cineca.it
Mon May 2 12:51:59 EDT 2011

Ok, probably I found the problem:

the function used to build pvpythonmodules.h is
PYTHON_WRITE_MODULES_HEADER that is defined inside FindPythonLibs,cmake
it   is  present in two locations:  as a CMake standard modulefiles
(${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules)
as well inside ${PARAVIEW_SOURCE}/VTK/CMake

the problem is that  these files differ for the way they interpret the
filename parameter:
standard CMake (2.8.4) add this line
SET(_filename ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/${_filename})
so that the input filename  get interpreted as a relative path to
${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR} ...
while VTK files does not have the line, so it interpret the name as an
absolute path.

I am effectively tampering with CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to use my version of
FindPythonLibs that in turns call
${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindPythonLibs.cmake (trying to force the
exclusion of system wide searching)

I' ll now try to exclude this hack and see what happen....

Thanks again and sorry for the noise...

P.S.
the current cmake 2.8.4 implementation of PYTHON_WRITE_MODULES_HEADER
interpreting the file as a relative to
${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR} seems to me a bit hard...
would not be better to interpret it as relative ONLY if it is effective
relative (it absolut path differ from its path) and as basolute if it is
absoulute?