[Paraview] Dave Thomposon's reader

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Mar 31 09:46:06 EDT 2011

I believe you are referring to the newer Exodus file reader.  The ParaView/VTK/Hybrid/vtkExodusIIReader* source files implement that.

The Exodus II reader outputs unstructured grids in a multiblock data set.  Face and edge data are handled by creating new blocks with lines for edges and polygons for faces.  It makes it straightforward to store line and edge data as cell data in these special blocks, but it is difficult to restore the topological relationships between the faces, edges, and the cells they come from.

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov