[Paraview] paraview crashes on volume represntation in tutorial example

Pratik Mallya pratik.mallya at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 00:18:03 EDT 2011

Greetings,

First of all, I have just started using paraview, and i must
congratulate the developers for making such a powerful and easy to use
system.

My system is a core 2 duo  2.1 Ghz , 4Gb RAM dell laptop running debian
lenny and paraview 2.6.2.

I was learning from the paraview tutorial when i tried to change the
representation of the object to 'volume'(the example file is
disk_out_ref.ex2). On doing this, my processors went to 100% capacity
and the application became non-responsive.
Can someone please tell me what is going on here? I shut it after ~5
mins , but i don't think it should be going on for that long.
--
*Pratik Mallya*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Pratik.mallya