[Paraview] Example representation not working

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 07:38:04 EDT 2011

I've finally got around to trying the newer version of ParaView but I can't
get my custom representations to work.  I tried the Example in the ParaView
source (Examples/Plugins/Representation) and that doesn't work either.  Here
are the errors:

ERROR: In ParaView/Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMProxyManager.cxx, line 374

vtkSMProxyManager (0x1d3d400): No proxy that matches: group=mappers and
proxy=PolyDataMapper were found.

 ERROR: In ParaView/Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMProxy.cxx, line 1985

vtkSMSourceProxy (0x2b46550): Base interface cannot be found.

 Warning: In ParaView/Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMProxyManager.cxx, line 294

vtkSMProxyManager (0x1d3d400): Creation of new proxy
vtkSMSurfaceRepresentationProxy failed (representations,
MySpecialRepresentation).

I see that vtkSMSurfaceRepresentationProxy has been removed from 3.10.  Does
anyone know how to get this working (and then I might be able to get my own
ones working too!)?

Thanks,
Paul