[Paraview] ANN: Upcoming changes to ParaView Server Manager

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Tue Mar 29 08:37:14 EDT 2011

Hi Takuya,

I'm glad that you gave a try and you managed to make your plugin work.
Moreover, thanks for that "cheat sheet".

Here is my feedback about it:

> OLD: pxy->Set/GetServers() (where pxy is a vtkSMProxy)
> NEW: pxy->Set/GetLocation()

Yes

> OLD: pxy->Set/GetConnectionID()
> NEW: pxy->Set/GetSession()

Yes, but those lines should simply be removed as the session is set on
the Proxy at its creation, therefore there is no point in doing it
twice.

> OLD: pxy->GetID()
> NEW: VTKOBJECT(pxy) (a stream operator in client-server stream)

Yes

> OLD: pm->SendSteram(this->GetConnectionID(), this->GetServers(), stream)
> NEW: this->ExecuteStream(stream) (where this is a vtkSMProxy)

Yes

> OLD: pm->SendStream(pxy->GetConnectionID(), pxy->GetServers(), stream)
> NEW: pxy->GetSession()->ExecuteStream(pxy->GetLocation(), stream)
> (where pm is a vtkProcessModule)

Yes, but as you did it previously you can also do that
NEW2: pxy->ExecuteStream(stream)

> Also, what I noticed so far are
> * CoProcessing module does not build due to some missing headers.

I'm going to look into that and fix it. Thanks to have notice it.

> * ParaViewCore/ServerManager/vtkSMDataSourceProxy.{cxx,h} are orphaned
>  (have no reference from other sources or CMakeLists).

Yes, I was planning to remove it. Are you using it ?

Thanks again for those valuable comments,

Seb