[Paraview] Image Mathematics

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 03:15:03 EDT 2011

Dear all,
I am trying to embed the vtkImageMathematics filter in ParaView, but I
have a pipeline issue (attached are the corresponding XML
servermanagers).
For "one input" operations (add K, invert, sin, cos,...) everything
works well. But for "two inputs" operations (Add, Multiply, Min,
Max,...) the pipeline browser does not show the connections between
the input images and the ImageMathematics filter. Note that updating
the pipeline produces the right output! The only problem is that I
cannot right-click and choose "change input". Another consequence is
that a python-scripted state is not able to rebuild the pipeline.

FYI, I already developed a two-image-inputs filter (image convolution
with a kernel represented by another vtkImageData:
http://github.com/jeromevelut/vtkKinship) for which this issue doesn't
occur. Could it be the way the input informations are provided at the
VTK side of the filter ?

Thanks a lot,
Jerome