[Paraview] How to compare 2 vtk files using paraview?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Mar 28 15:05:00 EDT 2011

I don't think we have a filter which does that yet. The statistics
filters might come close but I suspect they won't do exactly what you
want.

I recommend you write a two input python programmable filter which
compares the number of points and cells on its two inputs and then if
they match iterates over them and compares their attribute values
element by element.

This example from the wiki comes pretty close to what you want to do:
http://paraview.org/Wiki/Here_are_some_more_examples_of_simple_ParaView_3_python_filters.#Labeling_common_points_between_two_datasets_.28Filter.29

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer