[Paraview] Reading In 2D Statistical Data

Brian Panneton brian.panneton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 11:27:44 EDT 2011

I run into an issue of traversing my data multiple times in order to place
it into the table. I would need to run through each line of each statistic
just to figure out how many columns are needed. Then do it all again in
order to fill the table. Where as if I could use vtkPolyLine, I only need to
run through everything once.

Also, the stats I am reading in may not have the same Xs. For instance,

Stat1:Line1 may be as follow:
(X,Y) - (1,5),(2,10),(3,15)
Stat1:Line2 may be as follows
(X,Y) - (1,2),(5,10),(10,1)
Stat2:Line1 may be as follows
(X,Y) - (1,2),(3,10),(5,1),(10,1)

so when I put it into the table I get Xs as 1,2,3,5,10. Then line one will
have 5,10 with Y values of 0 and line 2 will have 2,3 with Y values of 0. So
when plotted, line two will show (2,0) instead of (2,4).

Is there a better way to construct my table where I could avoid these
issues?

Thanks,
Brian Panneton