[Paraview] open an in-memory vtk file

Gil Wertz gilwertz at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:36:32 EDT 2011

I made a client-server paraview system, from the client I ask to the server to open a vtk file, render it and give back render to the client. It's working well.

But now, my boss said that we'll have a vtk file generated by an other program that'll be about 100Go and we don't want to write it to HDD in .vtk formate and after read it ( like before ), so I need to read the vtk file directly from memory.

Is there a way to give to a reader a pointer to the memory vtk file ?

PS: I'm not sure that this is very understandable but I'm not sure myself ... The main thing is that we make a vtk file in memory but don't want to write it in HDD. ( First solution envisaged is to dump memory. )

Thanks.

Wertz Gil
gilwertz at hotmail.com