[Paraview] Getting a raytraced picture from Manta

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Tue Mar 22 17:17:35 EDT 2011

Hi Sohail,

if you are using 3.8.0, it is true that you will need to start a server
(pvserver) and connect to it to allow manta to work "properly" with
ParaView. You don't need to run in MPI, but it has to be in a different
process than the client. (I mean no built-in mode)
On the other hand, once you get connected to that pvserver (in localhost for
example) you will have to load the plugin on both side (client+server). Once
this is done, you should be able to close the 3D renderer and create a new
one based on Manta.

For the crash part, the best person will be Dave that I cc. But as he is
traveling, he might not be able to answer to you right away.

Seb