[Paraview] Empty Object Properties - Custom Reader Plugin

Xunlei Wu xunlei at renci.org
Mon Mar 21 20:21:48 EDT 2011

Hello,
I am writing a reader plugin for ParaView following examples in
http://www.kitware.com/products/html/WritingAParaViewReaderPlug-in.html
However, after the file metadata is read by ::RequestInformation(), there are no scalar attributes shown in "Object Inspector" -> "Properties" illustrated in Empty_Object_Inspector_Properties.PNG. After click "Apply", :: RequestData() gets all the attribute data and displays the information in "Object Inspector" -> "Information" -> "Data Arrays" table as shown in Updated_Object_Inspector_Information.PNG. After the data is read, "Properties" page is still empty. Would you please suggest what I should do? Any functions that I should implement or call in my reader class? Thanks a lot.

Best,
xunlei