[Paraview] Animating pvd files using python script

Alexis Chan alexisc at cs.unc.edu
Sun Mar 20 03:30:18 EDT 2011

Hi

I created pvd files from vtm file series to enable animation in ParaView via
Python script. I want to modify the display properties of the dataset before
animating them. But i got a runtime exception in the "AnimateReader" step.
That's understandable since "dp" is not a reader. How can I animate the
modified data?

from paraview.simple import *

from paraview import servermanager

reader = PVDReader(FileName="TestCase.pvd")

dp = GetDisplayProperties(reader)

dp.Representation='Surface'

for a in reader.PointData:

   if (a.GetName() == 'Velocity'):

   range = a.GetRange()

   dp.LookupTable = GetLookupTableForArray(a.GetName(), 1,RGBPoints =
[range[0], 0, 0, 1, range[1], 1, 0, 0],ColorSpace = "Diverging")

   dp.ColorArrayName = a.GetName()

   Render()

   AnimateReader(dp,filename="TestCase.avi")

--
Regards,
Alexis