[Paraview] Compilation problem : Bad value

Gil Wertz gilwertz at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 18 12:09:44 EDT 2011

Hello, I have the following errors when compiling paraview and I don't have any ID of what it is ...

:: error: ../../../bin/libvtkStreaming.a(vtkACosmoReader.cxx.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

../../../bin/libvtkStreaming.a:: error: could not read symbols: Bad value

I did look on google, but nobody have this problem for the same library than me, an nearly all the solution I saw where deprecated ...

thanks for your help ^^.
Wertz Gil
gilwertz at hotmail.com