[Paraview] paraview transformation filter

haiyan hw1208 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 15:57:15 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm new to paraview. I'm trying to display two surfaces in 3D view in
paraview GUI. Two surfaces (.vtk file) are intersected with each other
and can be displayed correctly using vtk-python script. I put the
orientation, translation, scale, which are extracted from the 4x4
transformation matrix, in the 'transformation' window under 'display' in
'object inspector', and set the origin in the header of the vtk files of
the two surfaces to '0, 0, 0'. But no luck.

So do I need to construct a pipeline instead? or, paraview calculates
the orientation and translation from the matrix in a different way
comparing to vtk (I used the same matrix in vtk.DeepCopy)?

Regards
Helen