[Paraview] Numpy error using Paraview 2.10.1 for mac

Colin McAuliffe cjm2176 at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 30 14:27:01 EDT 2011

Hello all,

When I try to use the Python calculator I am getting the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 4, in <module>
   File
"/Users/partyd/Kitware/ParaView-3.10/build/ParaView-build/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/site-packages/paraview/vtk/dataset_adapter.py", line 5,
in
<module>
RuntimeError: This module depends on the numpy module. Please makesure
that it is
installed properly.

As I understand it, the paraview binaries should contain the necessary
python and numpy
so I can't figure out what the problem is.

Will it be necessary to build paraview myself?

Thanks

--
Colin McAuliffe
PhD Candidate