[Paraview] anti aliasing

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Jun 29 11:49:34 EDT 2011

For what it's worth, real-time anti-aliasing rendering has been turned off in ParaView because it wrecks havoc with many of the features involving rendering including picking, parallel rendering, transparency rendering, and tiled large image screen shots.  Like Vincent suggested, if you need a high-quality screen shot, make one that is larger than you need (ParaView can generate arbitrarily large screen shots) and then shrink it to the size you want using an appropriate smoothing filter (most simple image viewing programs have this feature).  If the aliasing is really bothering you while you are using ParaView, get a larger display and sit farther back. ;)

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov