[Paraview] readers with the parallel server

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:13:46 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've just noticed that some of my readers aren't working in parallel.  These
are readers that I didn't intend to have parallel reading capabilities but I
did want just one process to read it in so the results that are returned are
correct.  I *thought* I could do this by adding the following to
RequestInformation:

    vtkInformation* info = outputVector->GetInformationObject(0);
    info->Set(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::MAXIMUM_NUMBER_OF_PIECES(),
1);
    return 1;

...but it seems I was wrong!

Is there a way to have a standard reader just reading in to one process or
do I need to handle it all by checking the rank and number of processes?

Thanks,
Paul