[Paraview] Export VRML files for meshlab to check

Wayne Wu salad00 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:13:11 EDT 2011

Hello, I confirm that the problem I have is actually not related to
the bug Seb mentioned.

I have fixed my code for loading the ensight data and export into a
vrml file, by referring to your previous post

http://markmail.org/message/h5ke2nxewvzdcaen

There are two problems I am still confused:

1. when I used meshlab to load the vrml file - it was successful, but
the object shown in meshlab is in solid colour, rather than a contour
of a quantity, such as temperature in the ensight data. Is it possible
to load the temperature as the colour?

2. when I use pvsm file instead of loading the ensight data directly, like

servermanager.LoadState(stateFile)

the function Show() complained "Show() needs a proxy argument or that
an active source is set." I then used GetSources() to check the
sources after loading the state, (because I wanted to set an active
source), GetSources() returned an empty list. I am not sure what is
the reason for this, because when using GUI to load the pvsm file,
everything looks fine.

Many thanks for your advices in advance,
Wayne