[Paraview] Export VRML files for meshlab to check

Wayne Wu salad00 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:06:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

First of all, thanks a lot for your help.

I have tried X3D and meshlab also complained that "Error details: File
without a geometry" for the x3d file.

Please see my piece of code:

servermanager.LoadState(stateFile)
SetActiveView(GetRenderView())

renderView = GetRenderView()
renderView.ViewTime = 1
view = Render()

exporters = servermanager.createModule("exporters")
# export to VRML format
#vrml = exporters.VRMLExporter(View = view, FileName = "foo.wrl")
#vrml.Write()
# export to X3D format
x3d = exporters.X3DExporter(View = view, FileName = "foo.x3d")
x3d.Write()

On the other hand, my boss advised that PV 3.8 worked well with vrml.
Therefore I also tried PV 3.8.1, (since I couldn't find the 3.8 from
the official website). When I executed the same code with PV 3.8.1,
pvpython complained that

vtkVRMLExporter (0x30802d0): no actors found for writing VRML file.

I am really a newbie about this and am not sure how to create actors
attached with the render.

I also attach the vrml and x3d files for your information. I look
forward to your advices. Thanks a lot.

Regards, Wayne