[Paraview] Python builds from source

Rakesh Hammond rakesh.hammond at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 20 17:14:11 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am having to build Python to link against Paraview.  I am on Linux system
and have a number of different OS (by this I mean different versions of
linux kernels) where the clients will be running.

They all come with their own built versions of python(2.5/2.6/2.7) depending
on how up-to-date a particular machine is.  This is causing me lots of pain
as the paraview I build on machine (using my /usr/lib/python) is different
to what may be on other clients :(

I figured it may be best to build my own version of python from source and
point my cmake entries to that directory.  The questions are as follows

1)Is python 2.6 is sufficient for Paraview-3.10.1?

2)Do I need to turn on any specific flags when building?

3)Do I need any other libraries (like the imaging library) for Paraview?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rakesh.