[Paraview] Export VRML files for meshlab to check

Wayne Wu salad00 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 07:45:41 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am required to export VRML objects from ParaView using Python
scripts. I followed the examples at

http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2010-June/017989.html

to complete the script, and outputted a .vrml file. I need to use
meshlab to check the file; it seems that meshlab can only recognise
.wrl extension, and thus I modified the .vrml file into .wrl. When
meshlab loaded the file, there is an error saying

"Error details: File without a geometry"

I searched and am not sure about how to fix the error and load the
file. Do you have any experiences on exporting VRML files and give a
hint please?

Many thanks,
http://code-saturne.blogspot.com/