[Paraview] PV 3.10.1 using python to slice and integratevariable

Adriano Gagliardi agagliardi at ara.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 13:26:47 EDT 2011

Another option is to write a programmable filter that will take the input
(from the integrate variables) and write it out using standard python
commands. You can then reference this in your script.

iv = IntegrateVariables(Input=blah)

pf = ProgrammableFilter(Input=pf)
pf.Script = """

pdi = self.GetInputDataObject(0,0)

your_var = pdi.GetPointData().GetArray("your_var")
fout = open("results.txt",'a')

for i in xrange(len(your_var)):
  fout.write( "%s %s %s" % (your_var.GetTuple3(i)[0],
your_var.GetTuple3(i)[1], your_var.GetTuple3(i)[2]) )
fout.close()
"""

If you have a number of slices stored in a vtkMultiBlockDataSet then you'll
have to iterate over each of them first.

Ad

Adriano Gagliardi MEng PhD
Business Sector Leader
Computational Aerodynamics