[Paraview] installing python vtk wrappers

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Jun 15 09:31:28 EDT 2011

Not exactly sure we are talking about the same thing, but if you just want
to make sure that the C++ code in your plugin is usable from VTK and
ParaView's python interfaces, take a look at:
1) Plugins/Manta/VTK/CMakeLists which can do python wrapping for the VTK
level classes there so that you can instantiate a vtkMantaRenderer for
example from vtkpython.
2) the WRAP_PLUGIN_FOR_PYTHON macro, defined in
Plugins/ParaViewPlugins.cmake which wraps the entire plugin so that you can
load the plugin from pvpython/pvbatch.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer