[Paraview] Fwd: GetPolyData on a BoxWidget

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 07:39:27 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 7:39 AM
Subject: Re: [Paraview] GetPolyData on a BoxWidget
To: Laurent Paul <l.paul at uclouvain.be>

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Laurent Paul <l.paul at uclouvain.be> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Me again!
>
> My config is : Windows 7 64 bits, VS2010 (and SDK 7.1 to get the 64 bits
> version compiler).
> I managed to build Qt and Paraview... unfortunatelly, paraview crashes just
> after the splash screen :-\
> I was suspecting the Qt version to be responsible since I have installed the
> binaries Qt4.7.3 built using VS2008 (32 bits?).
> Perhaps an issue with the VS2008 Version or the 4.7.3 that was not tested
> with paraview.
>
> Then, I have looked for sources in this page :
> ftp://ftp.trolltech.no/qt/source/ (I have also checked that one that is
> identical ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/)
> The most recent source version is the 4.5.3 for windows (and also for the
> 'all' distribution), open source. I have built it.... but when I run CMake
> to configure paraview project, it complains because it needs Qt 4.6.0 or
> greater.
> How can I do? There is no sources for 4.6.0. The only Qt4.6.0 or greater
> available as sources are for 'everywhere', 'mac' 'symbian'. I have tried
> using the 'everywhere' distribution V 4.7.3, and paraview doesn't start. I
> have also tried using 'everywhere-4.6.2, but building exits with an error.
>
> Can you advice me?

I can tell you that the everywhere-opensource-4.6.X and
everywhere-opensource-4.7.X downloads work with visual studio since I
use them daily with VS2005 x32, VS2008 x32 and x64 and vs2010 x64 with
my two large projects (on a handful of machines) that use Qt, cmake,
vtk ... You can also download a binary version and recompile for a
different compiler but I have not done that in a few releases. My
advice is make sure that you are using the expected Qt version when
running paraview. If you have any other qt dlls on you system zip them
up. Also do not mix debug and release or compiler versions. Remember
that with Visual Studio you can not safely mix compiler versions and
you also can not safely mix debug and release in the same application.

John

--
John M. Drescher