[Paraview] Python + ParaView

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 12:11:30 EDT 2011

> If you want to do arbitrary arithmetic, you will have to first
> generate the array using something like a "Calculator" filter and then
> color using the generated array.

Oh, if I remember correctly I did look into this before, and found the
calculator filter too limited on the arithmetics that you could
perform. Is it still the case that you have a set of like ten
functions (add, multiply, sine, cosine,...) to mix and match? I need
to to something like

for x in data_values:
    if x[0] > 0 and x[1] > 0
        return bla
    elseif ...

-- atan2() that is.

> Yes, RGBPoints defines the mapping between scalar and color. It's a
> list of 4 tuples (scalar, r, g, b), repeated sequentially.

Hm, I'll look into it. Where's the proper spot for documentation of this?

Cheers,
Nico