[Paraview] Using vtkFileSeriesReader with vtkSpyPlotReader

Andreyev, Andrey AAndreyev at hpti.com
Fri Jun 3 12:11:35 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to read in a restarted CTH Data set using vtkSpyPlotReader with vtkFileSeriesReader. But I cannot figure out how to transfer the information from the meta file (*.spcth-timeseries) to the spyplot reader.

a section of my code:

vtkFileSeriesReader* restartReader=vtkFileSeriesReader::New();
vtkSpyPlotReader* cthReader=vtkSpyPlotReader::New();
vtkDummyController* controller=vtkDummyController::New();
cthReader->SetGlobalController(controller);

restartReader->UseMetaFileOn();
restartReader->SetMetaFileName(filename.c_str());

restartReader->SetReader(cthReader);

But the spyplot reader doesn't have the information it needs; so it will not let me update the pipeline.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Andrey Andreyev
Software Engineer