[Paraview] PV 3.10.1 computing vorticity from vector field

Stephen Wornom stephen.wornom at inria.fr
Thu Jun 2 12:26:04 EDT 2011

Tim Gallagher wrote:
> 1. If it's cell centered data, apply the CellDataToPointData filter. If it's point data, skip this step
> 2. Apply the ComputeDerivatives filter. Choose your velocity vector as the Vectors argument, set the Output Vector Type to Vorticity. I usually also set Output Tensor Type to nothing unless you need it.
> 3. Hit apply.

Works correctly but what must I do to:
1 make a vector or contour plot
2 tracer plot or vorticity lines (like streamlines) plot?
The choice for these is only the velocity field that I read.
Calculator does not see the vorticity vector that was created.
Thanks for you help,
Stephen

stephen.wornom at inria.fr
2004 route des lucioles - BP93