[Paraview] Time Annotation of a single global number (or text)

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Jun 1 18:39:47 EDT 2011

Actually I take some of that back. You can do it via the gui with the
following hack.

Use Sources -> "Time Source" with default properties and save it to create a
template file. Ascii pvd format or xdmf should work. Edit the cell values in
the vtu files to contain what you have in column 2 and the pvd time entries
to contain what you have in column 2.

Since we don't have arbitrary text display yet, use surface selection to
pick the cell. Turn on annotation at the bottom of the selection inspector
and choose the array that has your values.

This is still a big hack, but it doesn't involve coding per se, just file
formatting.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer