[Paraview] Concept: A world without the Apply button

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Jun 1 16:33:16 EDT 2011

Dave,

Output types become a problem only for composite-datasets, for others
data-types are known after RequestDataObject pass which happens before
RequestData(). I am still not sure how (or if) to deal with composite
datasets in this case. We can expect the reader to give meta-data for
composite datasets and leaves in  the dataset in more details as well,
but I am not sure we need to yet.

As far as the scalars/vectors/tensors go, no filter in paraview
requires active-scalars/tensors etc, it just checks for existence of
array with a give number of components. The meta-data should indeed
contain information about arrays and number of components.

Utkarsh