[Paraview] Accessing field and wind blade data (together) in python filter

Sohail Shafii sohailshafii at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 18:29:49 EDT 2011

Hi,

Right now the field and blade data are separate for the wind blade reader (as expected).  I was wondering if, after creating a python filter below the blade object in the pipeline, I could somehow access the field data?  I'm guessing not based on some experimenting.

I need to do this because I have to correlate points on the blade to the same areas in the field to calculate certain quantities (which requires interpolated field values).  If the python route is not possible then I can just make changes in vtkWindBladeReader instead.

Sohail