[Paraview] Paraview and Windows 7 update

Hertzberg hertzberg at colorado.edu
Fri Jul 22 17:46:13 EDT 2011

More details:

Since this problem started, when I start PV, it pops up a window
titled: c:\Program Files (x86)\Paraview 3.10.1\bin\mpiexec.exe
but this window is blank, and I usually close it. Next I attempt to
load a old state file that I've been working with that sets up views
for my data set, using 'recent files'. I am then prompted with a
window titled 'fix paths in state file' that has a LegacyVTK reader
dialog box that points correctly to my data location. I click OK, and
then a Windows error message "Paraview has stopped working". Crash.

If I leave the mpiexec window open, load the same state file the same
way, get the same 'fix paths' message, and say OK, PV opens the state
file, loads the data and seems to run OK until I close the mpiexec.exe
window. Then I get
ERROR: In ..\..\..\..\source\Servers\Common\vtkServerConnection.cxx, line 66
vtkServerConnection (000000000AC69DC0): Server Connection Closed!

I don't see any other error messages from the server, but I don't know
where to look.
PV continues to run, but the previous data view is now blank, and
reapplying filters shows me nothing.

Should I just live with a blank mpiexec window hanging around?

Jean Hertzberg

Dept. Mechanical Engineering
University of Colorado, Boulder