[Paraview] Structured Grid Extent trouble

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Jul 20 10:00:26 EDT 2011

I have a parallel source which generates Structured Grids.

When each process generates its piece, I am very careful to ensure that the WholExtent is correct (in this case 0,31, 0,31, 0,31) and individual pices are within this extent. I have replaced the PieceToExtentTranslator in the pipeline with a kind of TableExtentTranslator. I don't believe that is the cause of my trouble, but when downstream filters consume the data and they in turn are updated, I get messages like this. (image embedded). the update extent is not within the whole extent.

The Whole Extent has been set to the piece extent. But I can't find where this is happening. Somewhere in the pipeline, my WholeExtent is being Replaced with the piece extent.

I can avoid these annoying messages by setting

outInfo->Set(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::UNRESTRICTED_UPDATE_EXTENT(), 1);

which stops the pipeline displaying errors and all behaves properly, but I'd like to stop this happening at all.

Can anyone tell me where the WholeExtent is being reset in the pipeline (or a good place to look). I'm flummoxed.

thanks

JB

[cid:image001.png at 01CC46DA.93980490]

--