[Paraview] Displaying a flat polygon with multiple vertices

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 16:40:47 EDT 2011

I have created a polygon with many vertices using vtkPolygon, then put it in
a vtkPolyData, and then saved it as a vtp file (attached). When I open it in
Paraview, it looks very "broken" (seems like backfaces are showing, things
are overlapping that shouldn't be, etc). If I run the TriangleFilter on it,
it looks fine. Is there something wrong with how I created the data? Or is
Paraview just not able to handle displaying something like this?

Thanks,

David