[Paraview] Representations in 3.10.1

Brian C. Panneton (CONTR) brian.c.panneton.ctr at us.army.mil
Tue Jul 12 14:20:14 EDT 2011

I was trying to do the Representations Example for 3.10.1 however it
failed to run. I grabbed the latest from the git repo and tried that
example and it seems to work. However, when I attempt to use it, I
receive an error:

'vtkGeometryRepresentation.cxx, line 455 vtkMySpecialRepresentation
(0x5851500): Invalid type: 1'

What I was doing was creating a cube source and switching to the Special
Mapper in the drop down. From my understanding it was just going to use
what the Surface Representation used.

I was also wondering if you can use multiple mappers per representation.
For instance I have a MultiBlockDataSet containing 3 blocks (Polydata
for Points, Polydata for Tubes, Polydata for a Plane). So I was
wondering if it is possible to have a single Representation use
different mappers for each block. I would like to map a specific color
set to the tubes and also an image to the plane.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Brian Panneton