[Paraview] Interesting bug when using windbladereader and multiple time steps

Sohail Shafii sohailshafii at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 21:38:04 EDT 2011

Hi,

There is actually another bug (which may or may not be related) which did not happen before with ParaView 3.8.0 but appears with the release branch of the ParaView that I am using.  If I load a wind data set after connecting to 2-process localhost (mpirun -np 2 pvserver), the gradient of unstructured grid appears greyed out in the filters menu so I can't use that (which is necessary for me).

If I run "mpirun -np 1 pvserver," this is not an issue. It's only an issue with 2 processes or above.  This doesn't happen if I load in a *foam file (i.e. openFOAM file); only with .wind and the most up-to-date release version of ParaView as opposed to 3.8.0.

Sohail