[Paraview] Newbie question

Tom E tjest at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 10 19:26:07 EDT 2011

Hello all, I'm sorry to post this, I've tried to find the answers myself but I'm afraid I need some remedial help.  I've been looking at the wiki pages and done a search here with MarkMail, but I'm afraid I need even more step by step instructions than I can find anywhere.

My goal is to use Paraview to render a .vtk file inside a webpage so that others can view it and rotate it.  I found http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/ParaViewWeb_JavaScript_Introduction and I'm trying to get the header part set up.  I've downloaded TomCat and got that to run as localhost:8080, but I'm not sure how to obtain the PWService.war and pw-config.properties files.  http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/ParaViewWeb_Building gives instructions for Unix but I'm running Windows XP.

I'm not even sure I'm in the right place but my google searches sent me to cmake.org instead of paraview.org.  I'm afraid the instructions on http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install lose me completely.  I've been trying to build Paraview with CMake thinking that was where those files would come from, but I'm getting errors generating it.  Honestly, I'm not even sure I'm on the right track at all.

Can someone please walk me through the process?

Thank you so much,

Tom