[Paraview] Ongoing Work to Release Unused Memory from Pipeline

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Jul 6 22:12:53 EDT 2011

Is there any ongoing or upcoming work in ParaView to have some sort of option to dispose of unused memory from filters that are higher up in the pipeline? We are thinking of basing our Materials Science based software package on VTK and then make the filters available in ParaView but our data sets are already pushing the memory limits of "PCs". Having multiple copies of the data in memory would just make a bad situation worse for us. I know if I write my own pipeline in VTK I can manually dispose of memory from each pipeline step. Just wandering if this type of capability is going to be exposed in someway in an upcoming version of ParaView.

Thanks
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio