[Paraview] independent colorbar range in different views of same session?

Guzas, Emily L CIV NUWC NWPT emily.guzas at navy.mil
Fri Jul 1 10:32:53 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am a ParaView newbie trying to visualize two different types of time-varying data (let's say density and pressure) for the same analysis in two separate views of the same session of ParaView.

I have set up the two views, where view 1 has the pressure data turned on and view 2 has the density data turned on. I made a colorbar for each view, and have changed the colorbar title to pressure for view 1 and density for view 2. (To make these colorbars, I first clicked on the pressure data in the pipeline browser, then clicked on view 1, then created the colorbar for pressure; then I clicked on the density data in the pipeline browser, then clicked on view 2, then created the colorbar for density).

However, when I try to change the scale of each colorbar so that it only spans its data, then the colorbar for the other data is automatically changed. Does anyone know how to set the colorbar ranges independently for each view (say 1e5-2e7 Pa for pressure, in view 1, and 1-1000 g/cc for density, in view 2)?

Thanks,
Emily