[Paraview] [paraviewweb] trouble with paraviewweb on windows

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Fri Jan 7 09:57:24 EST 2011

Hi Pjotr,

few comments before getting further for solving the problem that you are facing.

As Utkarsh said we didn't try to have a Windows server for ParaViewWeb
and as a client IE is not the best browser available specially with
the JavaScript renderer. In fact, if the targeted client is IE, you
should use the flash renderer for better performances. For now, the
best client platform is Firefox.

Regarding your problem on Linux, did you get through the FAQ
(http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaViewWeb/FAQ) ?
Which version of ParaView did you use to compile ParaViewWeb ?
Do you manage to make that ParaView rendering working ? To try it,
launch the pvpython and run the following lines

from paraview.simple import *
Sphere()
Show()
Render()

I let you get back to us for more feedback if none of this help you.

Seb

>>> Pjotr