[Paraview] Memory leak in version 3.10 RC1

Jorge Chiva Segura jordic at cttc.upc.edu
Tue Feb 22 13:37:23 EST 2011

Hi anybody,
I am trying to generate images loading different states from a python
script but it takes more and more memory each time it loads a new state.
This is the script:
from paraview.simple import *

ifile=open("file_states")
counter=1
for line in ifile:
        name=line[:-1]
        servermanager.LoadState(name)
        view = servermanager.GetRenderView()
        view.StillRender()
        output='image-'+str("%05d"%counter)+'.png'
        view.WriteImage(output,"vtkPNGWriter",1)
        Delete(view)
        del view
        counter+=1
ifile.close()

I am not sure if it's necessary to delete something more before loading
a new state, but if I try to do something that I think is very similar
with the GUI:
1. Load a state.
2. Click to Edit->Delete All.
3. Repeat from 1.

The memory usage grows too with each new load.

I have tried to reproduce this problem with version 3.8.0-1 and it works
fine, the memory usage stays the same with each new load of a state.

Can anybody confirm this behavior?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

--
Jorge Chiva Segura

Centre Tecnològic de Transferència de Calor (CTTC)
Lab. Termotècnia i Energètica - Dept. Màquines i Motors Tèrmics
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)

Adreça: C/Colom 11, E-08222, Terrassa (Barcelona)
Ubicació:
 Campus: Terrassa
 Escola: ETSEIAT
 Edifici: TR4
 Planta: 1ª planta
 Despatx: Laboratori de termotècnia i energètica, despatx Nº 167

Tlf   : 93 739 80 04
Fax   : 93 739 89 20
e-mail: jordic at cttc.upc.edu

www.cttc.upc.edu

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,