[Paraview] XDMF and release builds

Tim Gallagher tim.gallagher at gatech.edu
Fri Feb 18 09:02:22 EST 2011

Hi,

It's probably too late for the binaries already online, and there may be a good reason why it isn't done already, but would it be possible in the future to compile all the release builds with XDMF_WRAP_PYTHON enabled?

Our lab needs to do some modification to our data files as we read them in order to keep the memory footprint reasonable -- we do it through a programmable source -- but that requires libvtkXdmfPython. If the release had it built in, we could just use that instead of having to compile from source on 30+ workstations.

Just a suggestion -- I'd be interested in hearing if it's a terrible/impossible idea.

Thanks,

Tim