[Paraview] build ParaView git on Windows7 64bit + MSVC2010 with vtkPythonCore errors

Xunlei Wu xunlei at renci.org
Sun Feb 13 11:46:19 EST 2011

Hello,
I am building Paraview from git source on a Windows7 64bit OS with MSVC2010. I have enabled
PARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON and VTKMY_WRAP_PYTHON in my CMake. I also built Python 2.7.1 64bit from source so that I have both python27.lib and python27_d.lib available. However the core python related projects are failed to build in both Debug and Release builds. Then the effects just trickled down like crazy. Below are 3 major errors in Debug build I feel might be the primary errors. And I do link python27_d.lib for all of them. Please see the attached CMakeLists.txt for more details.

Error      6              error LNK1104: cannot open file 'python27.lib'                C:\ParaViewGit\Utilities\VTKPythonWrapping\Executable\LINK               vtkPVPythonInterpretor
Error      5              error LNK1104: cannot open file 'python27.lib'    C:\ParaViewGit\VTK\Wrapping\Python\LINK                vtkPythonCore
Error      3              error LNK1104: cannot open file 'python27.lib'    C:\ParaViewGit\VTK\Wrapping\LINK      vtkWrapPython

Would you please help me? Thanks a lot.

Best,