[Paraview] pvbatch and save data

Bastil2001 at yahoo.de Bastil2001 at yahoo.de
Sat Feb 12 05:40:53 EST 2011

Hi all,

I have written a python-script to interpolate data from one geometry to
another and save the result. Running it in serial works fine with pvbatch.
In parallel I have no working writer so far. I tried it with vtk, pvd
(mpi errors) and ensight (data written half, no blocks found). Is there
something special to be aware of for writing data in parallel? I use
3.8.1 stable paraview on Linuxx86_64.
Btw. is it still necessary to run mergeblock on multi-block datasets
before use resampleWIthDataset? Is there any way to either keep the
blocks or retrive them after interpolation? Thanks.

Regards Bastian