[Paraview] Delayed load pqLoadDataReaction

Christoffer Green christoffer.green at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 07:52:49 EST 2011

Hello

I am developing an application based on the clone2 source in paraview 3.8.1.

I am using the following code to automatically show and accept loaded data:

this->ui->proxyTabWidget->setShowOnAccept(true);
new pqAutoApplyReaction(this->ui->actionAutoApply);

And I am using pqLoadDataReaction::loadData(stringList) to add the data.

I am wondering how one can know when the data/objects have actually been
loaded? This so you can make changes to that data.

After loading new data I want to do the following (change the ColorMap on
the new objects):

pqDataRepresentation *currentDisplay =
qobject_cast<pqPipelineRepresentation*>(pqActiveObjects::instance().activeRepresentation());
vtkSMProxy *lookupTable = currentDisplay->getLookupTable()->getProxy();

But that code crashes (since the objects have not yet loaded?).

Any ideas? Thanks.

BR/ Christoffer