[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] ExodusII and mode shape animation

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Dec 14 11:00:26 EST 2011

The online ParaView guide has some introductory material for the Python Programmable Filter (http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Users_Guide/Python_Programmable_Filter).  It helps if you are familiar with programming directly with VTK.

By convention, ParaView will automatically apply a displacement vector with a name starting with "DIS" (not cap sensitive).  If you want to scale the magnitude of the displacement in the saved file, you have to scale all the displacement vectors.  The multiplier you see in the GUI cannot be set from the Exodus file.

It is impossible to set the "Has Mode Shape" value from within the Exodus file.  You have to know to click the box in the GUI.  That's just an annoying limitation of the Exodus file format.

-Ken