[Paraview] Errors when using find_package(ParaView REQUIRED)

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:36:04 EST 2011

I few months ago, I would do this:

FIND_PACKAGE(ParaView REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(${PARAVIEW_USE_FILE})

before building my plugins:

ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(PointSetOutlierRemoval "1.0"
  SERVER_MANAGER_XML vtkPointSetOutlierRemoval.xml
  SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES ${PointSetProcessingDir}/vtkPointSetOutlierRemoval.cxx
  )

However, when I tried with the current VTK and ParaView, I get
hundreds of errors like this:

/home/doriad/build/Projects/src/PointSetProcessing/> make
CMake Error at /home/doriad/build/ParaView/ParaViewTargets.cmake:16
(ADD_LIBRARY):
  add_library cannot create imported target "vtkhdf5" because another target
  with the same name already exists.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /home/doriad/build/ParaView/ParaViewConfig.cmake:58 (INCLUDE)
  ParaViewPlugins/CMakeLists.txt:1 (FIND_PACKAGE)

Has something changed that has led to a new process for this?
Thanks,

David