[Paraview] Exposing VTK Texture Transforms within ParaView

Hal Canary hal at cs.unc.edu
Thu Dec 8 16:11:09 EST 2011

Hello,

I have two related questions about ParaView.  First, I would like to
expose the vtkTexture Transform of the current (surface) representation
on the Display Properties Tab.

I can follow the instructions to add widgets to the display panel using
a plugin [1], but I can't figure out how to connect the widgets to the
representation.  On the server side, it is

   vtkGeometryRepresentation::Actor->GetTexture()->GetTransform()

But the client-side pqRepresentation class doesn't seem to have that
flexibility.

In the Python shell, I can get this effect with:

   texture = GetDisplayProperties(GetActiveSource()).Texture
   transform = texture.SMProxy.GetClientSideObject().GetTransform()

But I don't see how to do that with a display panel decoration.

The second question is how to expose some parameter of the the texture
transform (for example x-translation) to the Animation View.  I've made
even less progress on this front.

Thanks!

Hal Canary

[1] http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo